There are some people out there who still think that social media isn’t an important aspect of their communications plan. They think it is a fad, one that hipsters only use to post filtered pictures of their brunch last Sunday or their newest typewriter. And those people couldn’t be more wrong.
To those of you who think social media isn’t important, here are a few stats:
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media. Of those:
- 89% are between the ages of 18 and 29
- 72% are between the ages of 30 and 49
- 60% are between the ages of 50 and 60
- 43% are over the age of 60
- Over 1.15 billion users
- On average, Americans spend 16% of each online hour on Facebook
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is the biggest influencer on what they do or don’t buy
- Over 550 million registered users
- Over 1 billion enabled accounts
- Visual social media platforms:
- YouTube has over 1 billion monthly active users
- Pinterest has over 20 million monthly active users
- Instagram has 150 million monthly active users
Do you still think social media isn’t important?
The experts at Satori Marketing navigate the murky waters of social media for a living. Let us do what we do best so that you can focus on what you do best.