At Satori Marketing, we use Constant Contact for a lot of our clients, as well as ourselves. It is a fantastic tool that has so many different, useful features that I could spend days listing them all out. Two weeks ago, I went to a Constant Contact Bootcamp, and I learned so much – not just about Constant Contact, but about a whole slew of topics. Here are just a few takeaways from the session…
- Did you know that, on average, people look at an email for 30-45 seconds? That’s it. Then they are on to the next one in their inbox.
- The industry average open rate for business to consumer emails is 17.6%. For business, its 22-24%, and for non-profit it is 27-32%.
- If you have a business profile on Facebook, only 20-25% of your followers will see posts that you make as your business. You can increase that percentage, but it takes perseverance and smartly thought-out posts.
- There are over 250 different social media outlets right now, and that number continues to grow as more and more niche platforms are created (did you know that there is a social media outlet for pet lovers?)
- On a smartphone, if you are looking at an email or webpage with a phone number in it, you can typically tap on that number and it will call it for you. However, if there are parentheses around the area code, that functionality won’t work.
Obviously, there is a ton more information that I learned from this bootcamp. My biggest takeaway? It takes a lot of hard work and strategy to successfully reach your customers – current and future.
Will you allow me to do a sales pitch real quick? That’s where Satori Marketing comes in. We take our experience and our expertise and we utilize tools such as Constant Contact to make sure that you are doing everything you can to get the word out about what you do.
Sales pitch over.
Constant Contact rocks. Day long bootcamps with free lunch rock. That’s all I’ve got.